Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i change store hours of integrated platform’s

Don
Soup I

I changed store hour from takeout/delivery in toasttab website and it wouldnt apply to doordash so we keeps getting order after we close.

So how do i change store hour?

8 REPLIES 8

au79teahouse
Community Ambassador

Just to make sure this is where you changed your store hour?

Screenshot 2023-11-05 at 23-06-24 Toast Home.png

Erin
Salad I

This solution does not work for DoorDash. Unfortunately, DoorDash has an automatic system that stops taking orders 30 minute prior to your closing time. They suggest to close your "Third Party Hours" in Toast 30 minutes later, but this 'solution' inadvertently then affects GrubHub, who *doesn't* automatically stop taking hours 30 minutes before closing time. 

i.e. Doordash wants us to change our 3rd party hours to closing at 10:30pm (in order to accept orders up through our 10pm closing time), but then this would cause GrubHub to stop taking orders at 10:30pm, after we are already closed. Grubhub doesn't have the same inconvenient forced "final order time" restriction that DoorDash does. 

I think the obvious solution here (since the 3rd parties aren't budging), is for Toast to give us a different time chart for each 3rd party partner we are integrated with, so there is no overlap, as they all behave differently. 

Screenshot 2023-11-15 at 7.03.28 AM.png

Has anyone else come up with any other workaround? 

I have also suggested in every UX interview I have ever had with Toast that Direct Takeout hours need to be separated from 3rd Party Delivery hours. These are not related in any way, and should be independent from each other. 

au79teahouse
Community Ambassador

The temporary solution to your problem here is to go to Doordash dashboard and set up Special Hours for your store availability. That will override Toast setting. But it can be annoying because you have to do this manually.

Yeah, I asked them if it would work to use their temporary hours solution, but they weren't sure if that would override Toast's "closing" time or not, so was waiting to hear back from our onboarding person at DoorDash. We have been trying to launch since 9/7 and are still not live, so my patience is wearing thin!