Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On Line Order Charge Back Challenger Help

Hello,

We occasionally receive charge backs from customers that order on line.  Is there any way to challenge these or we out of luck?

4 REPLIES 4

au79teahouse
Community Ambassador

Most likely there is no chance to win chargebacks for online orders. About 5 months ago, we also had a surge of chargebacks and they were all online orders. We lost all of them because online credit card payments are considered keyed-in (card not present). You could print out a merchant copy to acquire tour customer’s signature upon pickup so you have something solid to present in case of chargeback. But still, banks rule in favor of customers than merchants most of time. 

However, I would say challenge the chargeback anyway because “what if” you won right?

Thanks! 

I wonder if you can have them pay when they come to pick up?  This may eliminate the issue.  It doesn't matter so much for a smaller order, but this one was $200.  I am also wondering how some of these other large delivery companies handle like Uber Eats.  I can't imagine that they don't get scammed too.

Appreciate the insight.  

au79teahouse
Community Ambassador

You can disable online payment and accept payment in store. That's what we did right after we were hit by surge of chargebacks. If you also have Toast gift cards, I would suggest you turn off online gift card sales because you are not protected for online sales.