cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toast Payroll: A Quick Look at Running Payroll

Rob
Community Manager
Community Manager

Are you ready to streamline your payroll process? Follow our step-by-step guides to learn everything you need about running payroll with Toast Payroll. We've got you covered from preparation to execution! We’ve summarized the full article for our community members, but you can check out the full article here!

In this post:

• Discover Expert-Led Toast Payroll Training Through Toast Classroom
  • Preparing for Payroll: Approving Timesheets, Making Pay Changes and Tips
  • Four Informative Payroll Step-by-Step Videos
  • Payroll Step-by-Step
  • FAQs to Tackle Your Queries

Toast Payroll Training

Join remote sessions led by Toast Payroll experts to optimize your payroll process. Topics include pre-payroll maintenance, running and processing payroll, and payroll reconciliation. Check out all the different options here.

Preparing for Payroll

To run payroll efficiently, take these preparation steps:

• Approve Timesheets (required)
  • Make Pay Changes (if applicable)
  • Prepare Tips (if applicable)

Approving Timesheets

Review and adjust timesheets before running payroll. Manually add terminated employees with approved timesheets to the payroll run. Check our guide and video for approving timesheets.

Making Pay Changes

Ensure any pay changes are made before running payroll. Follow this link to make pay changes.

Preparing Tips

Verify tips are syncing from Toast POS, imported, or manually added. Learn more about tips in Toast POS and Payroll here.

Step-by-Step Payroll Videos

Watch our series of these four videos to learn how to run payroll successfully. Easily navigate between videos and gain valuable insights!

Payroll Step-by-Step

1. Select View Payroll from the Payroll card.
  2. Choose an upcoming or past payroll.
  3. Preview or continue a payroll.
  4. Review and approve timesheets on the Preview page.
  5. Make one-time changes on the Employees page.
  6. Calculate the payroll and review it for accuracy.
  7. Post the payroll and finalize.

FAQs

For more information, check out our on-demand Toast Classroom videos and these Payroll FAQs! We have provided a few of the FAQ questions and answers below!

Q. What can I do if I mistakenly leave an employee off a payroll run?
A. Toast recommends three different ways to calculate, report, and pay owed wages to an employee. Take a look at this article for more information.

Q. I have spreadsheets that need to be uploaded into payroll. Can I do this?
A. Yes! Toast Payroll allows you to add custom imports to your payroll run. These are commonly used for importing tips, prior payroll information, bonus amounts, and other files containing mass earnings. This article will give you a closer look at adding custom imports.

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast
0 REPLIES 0