Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toast Reporting / Features - The Basics

Toast Community, 

OK, 3-months on Toast POS now and I continue to be amazed at how some very basic features and reports are not available, but yet they have such great forward thinking features.  Maybe someone can help me out, as customer service has not. 

1.  Almost every restaurant in the world does a dine-to-donate program in which a % of sales on a specified date/time is donated back to a partner organization.    I have yet to find an easy way to tag orders on our dine-to-donate days, in which I can then run a report to identify all attributing sales to do the calculation for what we pay the organization.  

EX: We partner with local shelter and agree to give 25% of all sales of those who order say that they want a % of their order to go to the shelter.   At the conclusion of the fundraising event I run a report to tabulate all associated sales.  We might have done $4K in total sales for the day, but only $2K were from guests dining to donate.  So I cut the shelter a check for 25% of the $2k in sales.    Again, I have found no way to be able to take a check and then run a report to get a total of all associated checks.   Any known solutions????

2.  Bank Reconciliation Report.    I have been told by Toast Customer support that there is no report that provides expected and/or actual daily cash deposits for a time period.  Ideally, I would run such report for a 2-week period or for the entire month and then pull up my bank account statement and validate that the cash made it to the bank for each day or time-frame.   I have to assume that I am not the only restaurant owner that wants to confirm that their cash made it to the bank???   Any known solutions?     

2 REPLIES 2

1) This might sound like a crazy idea, but you could create a discount named Dine To Donate, with a fixed $ amount off of $0.00 set to the entire check, then apply the discount to the orders for guests that are participating. Then you can run a sales breakdown report set to discount name by sales category for the date of the event. The discount named Dine to Donate will have the net and gross sales of the checks that it was applied to next to it. 

2) Everyone should be checking that they got their deposits, we use the Settled Deposits Daily Breakdown to compare deposits to bank statements.

JevVan
Soup II

We currently pay a bookkeeper for about 3-5 hours per month to reconcile the deposits in toast to the bank accounts for 5 locations.  I wish there was an easier / faster way.   

Did you ever find a proper cash deposit report that can be exported?