Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issuing Virtual Customer Vouchers

BURRITO
Soup II

We moved to Toast from Square and use of TapMango (loyalty). Unfortunately, we have lost the ability to issue a customer a voucher and/or coupon for a future visit. In Square, this was simple and directly tied to guest checks. In TapMango, we could issue a $5, $10, $20, $whatever "Manager Credit" tied to the guest's phone number or email address.

Has anyone figured out a good resolve for a scenario of:

customer: "Hey, I had a bad experience at your restaurant."

restaurant owner: "Wow! I hate that and so sorry! Let me send you a $20 voucher towards your next meal! Just let them know your phone number and they will issue you the credit! Better yet, use this promo code and it will take it off your next Toast Online Order at our restaurant!"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

au79teahouse
Community Ambassador

You can do so by issuing "customer credit".

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

From the main menu, lookup customer, enter the number and if there are no matches you should see an option to add customer and issue credit. 

au79teahouse
Community Ambassador

In the case when a customer is not registered in your database, there are two ways to approach this situation with remote access:

1) Use blueStacks, which is an Android emulator, to run Toast App on your PC. It works like a virtually terminal. You can perform pretty much very task on the virtual machine
EXCEPT: a) orders placed on virtual machine won't be sent to local printers and b) cannot run credit/debit card transaction.
You can add customer profile by following @rcmck 's steps

1.5) Virtual terminal to do a gift card sales.

2) **This will work only if you have Toast Loyalty & gift card module subscription.** It does not require BlueStacks. Everything can be done on the Toast's back-end. You will be issuing "gift card" credit instead of "customer credit(store credit)". To do this, you will first sign up your customer with their phone number/email address,  search up their loyalty account, and then from there issue a credit.

shone
CAB Member

You can also issue a single-use promo code just for this customer, to get $20 off their order.

I'm curious about the "customer credit" feature you guys mentioned and will look into that as well