Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Round up or down to nearest nickel

bsanderon
Soup II

We want to eliminate pennies at checkout.   not seeing any ready solution.  Any suggestions ?

7 REPLIES 7

Light
Soup I

Hello Bsanderon,

I want to share my experience dealing with coins, hope it helps.

I decided to use Tax Inclusion option for menu item prices.

I raised prices by my state tax rate + round up

ex. $10 + (6%) = $10.60, I round it up to $11.

Details can be found here:

https://central.toasttab.com/s/article/Tax-Inclusion-Tax-Included-Tax-Not-Included-and-Smart-Tax-149...

This helped both me and my customers to not deal with coins. Even if have to, they are mostly quarters.

Also, I'm looking to see less customers using cash since I now have online menu and they can just checkout on their phone.

Best Luck!

Love this idea. We're launching a food truck soon and this will be very helpful. Thank you for sharing!

bsanderon
Soup II

is anyone using the include tax option?   how is it reporting taxes  in back office?  Central Help section not mention this part.    I am just concerned about tax included...  leaves me to do the tax report for paying the taxes to the state monthly.   Also how it it showing  it handle modifiers added to base item, some modifiers raise item cost and tax too??  In California we have heat item tax, vs cold item. as well as dine in and 2 go tax so that comes into play.   I rather wait until toast makes a round up option on checks to eliminate most coins.    seems to make more work for me at end of day to include tax in menu price.  thanks