cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you do if a customer says no thanks on the kiosk to identify an order

kenjaburritos
Soup I

Hey Everyone,

Does somebody have a solve on when someone doesn't want to put their phone number on the kiosk for an order.  When ordering on the kiosk, a prompt comes up for a phone number so the customer can know when the order is done.  If the customer selects no thanks, it doesn't ask anything else so that order comes in without any identifier on the backend.  Thanks for any suggestions!

4 REPLIES 4

Rob
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for reaching out with this question! We actually address this issue in the new Kiosk update; it's scheduled for around the April -June time period, but it will introduce the ability to ask for either phone number, guest info (like a name, a pole number, etc.), or both - AND we will enable restaurants to set either field as optional or required.

So, for example, if the restaurant wants to require a name and ask for an optional phone number to send the guest an SMS on fulfillment, they will be able to do so in the new experience. 

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast

Izzy
Soup I

as of now there is no fix for that

DBD
Soup I

Having the same problem, difficult to connect customers to their orders without name, phone or other info to call out when order is ready.

When the Kiosk CC reader is in 'swipe only' mode the reader adds the name to the order.  BUT when we enable 'tap' or 'chip' mode we're not getting the customer name.

Any update on "around the April -June time period"?

Rob
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for reaching out, but. There is no update at this time; there might be more information in late May or early June.

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast