Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Menu

We turned on Google Ordering at one of our locations on Monday 11/28.  During weekday lunch hours it should display 3 menus: Lunch Specials, Full Menu, and BaddMerch - in that order.  Instead it displays them in the following order: Lunch Specials, BaddMerch, Full Menu...and the BaddMerch menu does not appear at all in the quick links (breadcrumbs) at the top. 

In our menu setup "Lunch Specials" has the order sequence of "0", "Full Menu" has an order sequence of "2", and "BaddMerch" has an order sequence of "10".  My theory is that they are sorting the menu order values as "text" rather than numeric so the order sorts as 0, 10, 2 instead of a numerical sort of 0, 2, 10.  Is there a way to submit a technical bug like this to Toast without going through 45 minutes of a customer service call with a rep that has no idea what I am talking about? 

Vent: So incredibly frustrating trying to get competent customer service with Toast - all very nice people but they have no idea how to help when it comes to technical issues and the time suck of getting through, giving them access, explaining the issue is awful!!

4 REPLIES 4

Rob
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, thanks for posting about this! If you send me a DM with your restaurant information I can help get this to the right team!

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast

josh212
Community Ambassador

So google sorts Menus by the time they are available. They will not show menus when they are not available. I would also look at your menu sorting order under Menus ->Manage Menus ->Order. You can have more than one menu have the same number but this is probalby what is also getting pushed and posted throught the google maps food ordering api

Thank you for your reply.  The menus that are not sorted correctly are "Lunch Specials", "Full Menu", and "BaddMerch" - that is the order they should appear in.  That is also the order they are sorted in Menus->Manage Menus->Order.  But in Google they appear "Lunch Specials", "BaddMerch","Full Menu".  Both "Full Menu" and "BaddMerch" have the same menu hours.  Here is what I think the problem is:  the menu order value is being sorted as text rather than a number.  "Lunch Specials" has a sort order of "0", "Full Menu" has a sort order of "2" and "BaddMerch" has a sort order of "10".  When sorted as numbers: 0, 2, 10 but when sorted as text: 0, 10, 2.  This is a bug...I am trying to report it but Toast gives me no easy way to do this. 

As for my issue, if I am correct I will be able to mess with the ordering numbers since I have some unused numbers between 0 and 10.

You can Duplicate numbers like have 3 3’s st and I have menus up to 20. As dumb as this sounds i would say clear your browsing data and reset chrome if it’s just you becuse I might have sent a few customer service emails to a different provider on google food and then ended up apologizing for my oversight 🥺

1493A2B6-DDD3-44F1-8143-56167971C2BD.png