Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling Emails

Hi Toast, 

Is it normal for scheduled emails to take more than one hour to send to all subscribers? I just sent out our first marketing campaign to all 50,000+ subscribers for all three of our restaurants and it seems like it's taking a long to time to deliver to the entire subscriber list. Thank you!!

1 REPLY 1

Hi RebeccaG!

Having been an IT professional for 20+ years (and now also the husband of a restaurant owner!), for an email blast of 50K emails to take an hour seems very reasonable  (in fact, that seems quite fast to me). This type of "delay" has been my experience when using other online email blast companies (think Constant Contact, MailChimp, etc.).

Back in the olden days when hosting an email system in-house and pairing that with a self-hosted 3rd party email blast software, it would take much, much, much longer (8 hours-24 hours for an even smaller email blast, from my memory).

If an email blast is time sensitive, it's probably best to just send it earlier, so there's more of a chance that all recipients will have received it by the time you need them to.

Hope this helps!