Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Theft/ Items not sent

I have a question, I just caught a server taking a payment from a customer for several cans of beer. They rang it up to get the total but then removed it before sending it, yet collected the money.  I would not have caught  it had it not been the end of the day and we had already called last call.  When I saw her; I said how are you going to ring that up because they already closed the day and she said I didnt print my report yet.  So I let her carry on, then I checked the next day.  Thats exactly what she did.  She removed the items before they were sent and kept the money.  I verified it on her items removed report.   How do we make it where once they ring something up then cant take it off with out approval?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

au79teahouse
Community Ambassador

You can set it to require manager code to void an item or an order. But I'm not sure if there is a way to require manager code just to remove items from an order before order is sent. However, check your daily sales report on beer or simply count the tickets to find out the number of cans of beer sold on the day. And trying to match your inventory count in the night or next day morning can help you figure out if someone is being dishonest.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

au79teahouse
Community Ambassador

You can set it to require manager code to void an item or an order. But I'm not sure if there is a way to require manager code just to remove items from an order before order is sent. However, check your daily sales report on beer or simply count the tickets to find out the number of cans of beer sold on the day. And trying to match your inventory count in the night or next day morning can help you figure out if someone is being dishonest.

Rob
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Sandy, It's possible that the permission you need is "3.10 Edit Sent Items". However, if the server didn't send the items to the kitchen (or bar), this may not be the correct permission. 
This permission only applies when the server hits "send", so if they didn't send the items and deleted them instead, that action wouldn't be covered by any permission.

Permissions Reference Guide

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast

I think that shows up as removed items on the End of Day -  Z Report.  We struggled with that category for awhile until I tracked it down.  I don't recall that be a permission setting...

It's not a permission but it is something you have to turn on or off if you don't want it under UI options > Audit removed items.