cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Media vs. Email Marketing - Is Tik Tok a must?

AlyssaLeeMeiMei
CAB Member

We've put the majority of our marketing time into email marketing, which historically has had the greatest ROI for driving sales (our core customer base is generally 30+). We keep Instagram active and have barely scratched the surface with Tiktok. Are we missing out on by not putting more effort into TikTok? 

5 REPLIES 5

I'd say no.  That said, it might depend on who your aspirational customer is.  For me, Instagram and Facebook are still my drivers.  I do email as well and my open rate is high which is great.  I have a TT account and my social media manager does a good job, I just don't see it as a driver.

I guess it depends on who your customer is or who you are trying to attract. I personally have seen that the 3 platforms all have a fairly distinct audience.

Email marketing is still our best bang for the buck, but I feel I like we are missing by not utilizing TikTok more. 

JT Riley
VP of Operations | Taste of Belgium
Kiosk, KDS, Toast Flex & GO, Catering/events, online ordering, and Toast Tables

I would recommend thinking about short form video marketing vs. focusing on platform specific content like TikTok. 

If you come up with a short form video strategy for your brand then you can use those videos currently for Instagram Reels, Facebook Reels, TikTok, YouTube Shorts, Linkedin, X and Threads just to name a few. 

I highly recommend using TikTok live to show the process of what you make in the kitchen on a weekly basis and see what the results are. 

Hope this helps.

The answer is yes to video storytelling. 

Hello, my perspective is simple: if it's free, why not give it a try? TikTok is user-friendly, and by posting, you can gauge its value for yourself. The fact that other major social media platforms are taking cues from TikTok suggests its significance. I was late to adopt platforms like Twitter and Facebook because initially, they weren't as popular. However, with the ever-evolving social media landscape, when a new platform emerges and it's free, I believe it's worth exploring. Once they introduce charges, that's the time to evaluate its true worth to you.

Good luck