cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with nested modifiers: 3 different pizza sizes / different topping costs for each size

poppypizzeria
Soup I

Hey folks,

I have a pizza menu and need some modifier guidance. Please, when offering advice, provide step by step instruction because I'm fairly new to this.

I am following the video guide for nested modifiers in this Toast article. If you scroll down to the video, around 2:49, he begins to explain how to use nested modifiers for pizza toppings. This isn't super helpful to me because the example he's using is for seemingly one pizza size and one price for toppings. I need help accomplishing to the same effect with the following conditions:

1) I have three pizza sizes on my menu: small, large, extra large. There are various pizzas, with various prices. 

2) I need to be create a modifier for topping prices for each respective size. Extra toppings for small pizza cost $0.99, 1.99 for a large, and $2.49 for an extra large.

3) To complicate things further, we also have a couple of vegan toppings that cost more than the normal toppings. Small is $1.99, large is $2.99, and extra large is $3.99. So, if I were to add these toppings, would they have to be a different modifier group, or could I somehow incorporate them into the topping list with individual prices?

3) Following the video linked, I want to allow customers to choose "whole", "first half", and "second half" as options for topping choices. So, they can either add extra toppings to the specialty pizzas or create their own on a cheese pizza with these topping layout choices.

How can I accomplish this efficiently? 

Here's a possibly unhelpful visual guide for what I need:

pizzatoast.jpg

Thanks in advance. 

2 REPLIES 2

rcmck
Dessert I

You really only need to use nested for the 1st half 2nd half and Whole toppings. You are better off putting the more expensive toppings in another modifier group,  this way you can price toppings at the modifier group level instead of the individual modifier. So you could create a small topping modifier group prices at 0.99 then shallow copy that group and name it large toppings, adjust the price and do the same for extra large. Then you will have different modifier groups with different pricing but they all contain the same modifiers and makes managing out of stock toppings a lot easier. This video covers everything you need, including the nested half toppings. https://play.vidyard.com/WPPsR1KgEvfBSUQM1MpkuU 

josh212
Community Ambassador

josh212_1-1685469754060.pngjosh212_0-1685469734814.pngjosh212_2-1685469769450.png

I  can go more in depth if you want to set some time