cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding rules/regulations to Toast Online ordering, such as 2 hour notice needed for catering

How can I add that type of restriction/regulation to a category on Toast Online?

2 REPLIES 2

nbunda
Community Ambassador

If you use Online Ordering Pro, this looks like it can be set up on an Item level, from the *NEW* Item Details Page. I use the Catering & Events Package for a separate Catering Menu experience, so I am unable to fully test this, but it looks like what you’re looking for.

If you don’t know how to find the *NEW* Item Details page, navigate to the Item’s normal page, then click the link in the blue box at the top:

IMG_2158.jpeg

From the *NEW* Item Details Page, navigate down to the “Time-based ordering rules” section:

IMG_2159.jpeg

IMG_2160.jpeg

Click “+ Add rule” to set up a rule. This would need to be done for each item on that catering menu:

IMG_2161.jpeg

I hope this helps! Unfortunately, without Online Ordering Pro or Catering & Events, the closest thing to what you’re looking for would be Quote Time rules based on $ amount, which are set up in Takeout & Delivery settings.

Nick Bunda, Community Ambassador
Anderson's Frozen Custard
Buffalo, NY

You can also set different times on the catering menu as well as creating special menus only available on your catering webiste