Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cash discount on checks

Hi, 

In NYS credit card surcharge is illegal. So I’m going to try cash discount. I plan to have 2 prices on my menu cash and credit. Eg: Burger cash $15 credit  $15.52.

In Toast I set all my prices to credit card price and set up a discount button of 3.5% cash. So if customer pays cash the server hits that button and pays lower amount.

my question is on the check the server drops to table, how do I display both credit card total AND either cash total or cash discount amount ?

thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

@JAS4 Yes, we have that capability; we call it "Cash discounting," and it is a more manual process. You can find out more here: What You Need to Know About Cash Discounting and Surcharging

One of my team members will contact you via email to provide further assistance! 

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast

josh212
Community Ambassador

@Stephen32 go ahead and create a service charge and call if “processing fee and apply it to no dining options but for all checks over .01 dollars. Then have your servers remove for cash 

I too am looking for the option of having both the credit card price and cash discounted price on the receipt.  I have seen this at other locations that have the toast pos.  However I cannot figure out how to do it.  Any other thoughts out there.