Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing out and tips

Hi, we are ending our 6th month in business and Im concerned that we may not be closing out each day the proper way when it comes to CC tips.  I saw a YouTube video  from 3 years ago and they did it completely different but I also am taking into consideration that things have changed in 3 years.  I’ve tried to find current videos, but I havent had any luck. I called customer service but they  couldnt help me, and were going to have someone reach out to us, but we haven’t received a call. If anyone can tell me who to contact or a link to a video for us to verify that we are doing it correctly, that would be great! TIA!

3 REPLIES 3

Could you describe what you are currently doing and what you are concerned about? 

I saw a YouTube video and they did a cash pay out for their credit card tips. We havent been doing that. So at the end of the day, I assume the CC tips are going into our income. Im concerned we are both being taxed on that amount.

Some businesses payout tips at the end of the shift with cash, some payout all tips through payroll. I assume you are doing through payroll then? 

https://central.toasttab.com/s/article/Changing-shift-review-tip-out-settings