Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cost of goods sold

is there a way to enter the cost of goods sold so that you can see cost compared to sales

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rob
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @libbyC , the feature you are looking for is offered by xtraCHEF. If you are not using this integration, you will have to find an alternative solution. To discover available reports in Toast, refer to the Menu Reports Overview. You can use these reports to determine the cost of goods sold and export some of them.

Menu Reports Overview
xtraCHEF: Add and Edit COGS Groups

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Rob
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @libbyC , the feature you are looking for is offered by xtraCHEF. If you are not using this integration, you will have to find an alternative solution. To discover available reports in Toast, refer to the Menu Reports Overview. You can use these reports to determine the cost of goods sold and export some of them.

Menu Reports Overview
xtraCHEF: Add and Edit COGS Groups

Toast

yes that is called an inventory management software there are many companies that specialize with this. I recommend Market man.

You are asking for a way to do a food cost analysis, I think.  If an integrated menu management tool that uses real time data is what you want, Toast has integrations that work with their back end.  If that's overkill and you want something that will show you based on COGS and recipes, there are many spreadsheets out there that do this.  The one I use can be found at www.chefs-resources.com.  The site is a little wonky and you have to subscribe, but the Bulk Recipe Template is pretty simple once you have your inventory set up.  You'll need a solid understanding of basic Excel to use it.

Rob
Community Manager
Community Manager

The link to all of our integrations - https://pos.toasttab.com/integrations

Toast