cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to best enter large make ahead orders for a food truck?

Hi there,

I have one location that occasionally makes large amounts of items ahead of time that is then served sold out of a food truck. 

Right now, we are just writing notes for the kitchen crew, but it would obviously be better to enter these in as scheduled orders with zero cost, but there a few issues with that and am looking for some suggestions/ideas of how to best do this. Here are the issues I have found so far:

* I don't really want these pre-made orders throwing off orders for the in-store items, so I am planning on using different menu items and I also don't want to throw off sales, so I plan on making these pre-made items be zero cost
* Ideally, I would only have a few people (managers, food truck manager) be able to enter these items, but I don't think that is possible, so it seems the best I can do is create a new menu only for the POS and just train staff not to use that menu?
* Ideally, the food truck manager could create a scheduled order from anywhere at anytime, but as the toast backend doesn't seem to support any order input, the best I can think would be to use an emulator and since it is a $0 order, that would work

A few other things I have looked at:

* Using Xtrachef central kitchen, the issue there is that it doesn't really seem to create a scheduled order for the POS? In other words, it wouldn't go through a kitchen
* Using the toast go device to enter orders make ahead orders, but we typically keep that with the food truck and not the manager, so that isn't ideal

There are some fairly straight forward workarounds, but I did want to ask to this broader group if I am missing something!

Thanks

0 REPLIES 0