Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Tips on a dummy employee number

BreeJos
Soup I

Right now we tip out at end of shift.  I want to change to credit card tips going onto the employee's paycheck.

We have one "shared" number that isn't tied to an employee that we use for our take out area.  I would typically tip that dummy number out at the end of the night and split the tips to back of house.

If I changed to credit card tips going onto the paychecks, what happens to the tips that are tied to the dummy employee number?  How do I handle that situation?

We have multiple employees that work in our pizzeria and take phone orders.  Those customers at times will tip on their credit card when picking up the order.

Those tips get divided up between multiple employees.  

How do I capture tips without it being tied to an employee?  If Jimmy is taking the phone calls, I don't want Jimmy to get all the tips because I want to split it up among other employees.  Most of the time there are multiple employees taking phone orders in a given night.

So currently have a dummy number that they all use when taking orders.  How do I capture credit card tips for take out orders without tying them to one specific employee?

6 REPLIES 6

You don’t need a dummy employee for credit card tip anymore,  you can find your credit card tip for the day in your z-report under “close out day”. Look for the line that says “credit card/non cash tip”

I'm not sure I get what you are saying.  We have multiple employees that work in our pizzeria and take phone orders.  Those customers at times will tip on their credit card when picking up the order.

Those tips get divided up between multiple employees.  

How do I capture tips without it being tied to an employee?  If Jimmy is taking the phone calls, I don't want Jimmy to get all the tips because I want to split it up among other employees.  Most of the time there are multiple employees taking phone orders in a given night.

So currently have a dummy number that they all use when taking orders.  How do I capture credit card tips for take out orders without tying them to one specific employee?

Do you mind share how you calculate cc tip? Do you use Toast tip manager?

For the kitchen staff, I currently take the total tip amount at the end of the night and put that number into a spreadsheet.  I then enter the amount of hours each employee worked that night.  It does the math and tells me how much each person gets.  I then put that amount of money in an envelope with their name on it.

I do not use tip manager.