cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did recent Toast update cause APK link to no longer work on Android devices?

Erin
Salad I

I installed the new Toast Update yesterday (9/21/23), and was able to use the app no problem all day. But when I went to open the ToastPOS app today on my Android device (Samsung phone), the entire Toast POS app has disappeared. When I tried reinstalling via the APK link (toasttab.com/link/apk), it gives me this error:

Screenshot_20230922-172800_Package installer.jpg

Does this mean we can no longer access the POS from our off-site Android phones? Was this intentional? 

~Erin

16 REPLIES 16

rcmck
Dessert I

No it still works, delete the downloaded apks and try again, looks like you have more than one and the file size looks incorrect, download may have failed for some reason. File size for 2.67.10 for me is 94.78 MB (possible for this to be different from device to device, it's complicated) but start with that first and go from there. 

I deleted all copies of the apk file in my downloads folder, redownloaded a fresh file from toasttab.com/link/apk, and it is still giving same error (file size is still 90.39MB):

Screenshot_20230922-191235_My Files.jpgScreenshot_20230922-191308_Package installer.jpg

Also Still doesn't explain why the Toast POS app disappeared from my Android phone overnight. 😬

Is there a different APK link I should be using? 

Have you checked in settings > apps to make sure the app is actually completely removed? 

Yes, the only Toast app in my app list is Toast Takeout & Delivery.