Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Staff Surfing the Web on Toast Devices

When we came on board with Toast, we were told that only toasttab.com web traffic was allowed on Toast devices, that everything else was blocked for security purposes.  Similar in my eyes as to why Toast Tables was not allowed on Toast devices, that it was a PCI issue.

This summer we had staff surfing the web, even watching international soccer matches, on their Toast devices.

Long story short, we confirmed our Meraki router has only Toast devices, and per Support, there have been updates that removed the blocking of non-Toast websites on Toast devices.  There is no longer a way to control what websites staff is accessing on Toast devices.  I would like to think that merely telling staff not to surf the web is an effective solution, but it's not.  Support advised the only way to 'stop' it is to disable the web browser on the devices and hope the staff isn't smart enough to re-enable it.  The support person said he'd never heard of this being an issue before. 

I can't imagine I'm the only one with staff surfing the web...anyone else have any insight?  Has disabling the web browser worked for you?  

Thanks!

0 REPLIES 0