Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guestbook - Special Discounts for Special People

Kelly
Soup II

Hello - I am hoping to ask around and determine if anyone else feels constrained by the lack of custom fields or categories for certain guests.  Here's my situation - I have three different types of customers - Members, Owners and Guests.  I need to be able to track (upload a customer list would be FANTASTIC) each one and offer a specific discount to each one.  

Toast has been able to give me work arounds but not a solution. I am looking for a custom field that would allow me to trigger a certain type of discount based on the entry. 

Anyone else having this issue? 

Thank you!

7 REPLIES 7

I agree.  Toast's Discount functionality is rudimentary compared to a lot of POS systems we have looked at.  We need to be able to generate unique 1-time use discount codes for our customers that can not be "shared"...so the discount code should only be able to be used by a specific guest.  This way VIP customers can be offered discounts that others can not have access to.  This gives the ability to ensure how many times a discount code can be used.  I should be able to give a free pizza to a specific guest with a discount code, but Toast can not do this...if the customer shared the code with anyone, there is no way to prevent others from using the same discount code.  Currently we are forced to use Customer Credits to do giveaways or special customer discounts.  I do not understand why Toast has not updated their discounts functionality more in the past 4 years!  It is very limiting especially for a pizza shop.

Looks like this functionality restricts usages to the combination of [discount code] + [phone number]

Is there any sort of validation at checkout? What is stopping a customer from putting in a random phone number?

Nothing to stop customers from using different phone numbers or emails.  And again this does not allow me to restrict a promotion to specific existing customers - for example sending a coupon to loyalty members on their birthday...a coupon that ONLY THAT SINGLE ACCOUNT WITH THAT EMAIL ADDRESS can use.