cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to link handhelds to different printers?

I would like to link 2 of my handhelds to one printer and the other 2 to another printer and was wondering how to go about this?

4 REPLIES 4

Just for the purposes of receipt printing? Or you want orders to go somewhere else? 

Sorry needed to clarify, I want to order tickets to print. We have 2 service wells at the bar and I want each one to receive tickets based on which handheld was used. 

Yeah, you want to use item routing for this by service area. You will need to create another service area for the other handheld, and set the primary service area on the handheld to it under device setup. Assuming you already have a prep station setup for the other service printer, you will create a new item route from that new service area from the default prep station to the other prep station. Let me know if you need any further information if you are not familiar these things. 

You might also want to configure the backup printer for the second well to the primary printer, this way if for some reason you are not using both of them (short staffed, off days) you can just turn that printer off and the drinks would get routed back to the original without having to make any configuration changes.