Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Move the Course Number Modifier

Hiya,

I am setting up y POS for a newly opening restaurant - and I am trying to focus on making the order entry a seamless part of the servers' responsibilities. I have made it mandatory for the POS to immediately ask servers what seat a dish is assigned to, but for some reason it does not immediately ask the course selection after the seat is selected. A server can avoid this and send the ticket, but the POS will halt the firing because some dishes do not have assigned courses.

How do I get the POS to immediately ask an item's course number after it asks the seat number?

Thank you

Nick

2 REPLIES 2

Rob
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @NickWolf18 I'm not sure I understand your question but this article goes into Course Firing options!

Manage Course Firing Options 

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast

adamj
Community Ambassador

Automatically asking for the course number after the seat number is selected in Toast:

automatically prompt servers to enter the course number after selecting the seat number in Toast POS, you can enable the "Order by Course" setting in the Front of House setup. Alternatively, you can create a modifier group called "Course" and add different course options as modifiers.. For further guidance, consult Toast University training resources or reach out to Toast POS support directly.  Like @Rob , if you want to share more, we spend a lot of time around Toast pos design within our group, maybe we can discover exactly what you need.  Feel free to message me directly.