cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to track employee meals

Takuya
Soup III

Hello everyone,

I'm interested in hearing about the methods you use at your restaurant to track employee meals. At our restaurant, employees are permitted to have their meals before and after their shifts. We're trying to implement a system where they place their own orders for these meals through our POS system. However, since they're eating before clocking in and after clocking out, they technically wouldn't be able to order their meals through the POS, right?

Here's what we aim to achieve:

• Employees should be able to order meals through the POS system before clocking in and after clocking out.
  • These meals should be free of charge.
  • We want to be able to track how much they've ordered in meals each month.

Any advice on how to best accomplish this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your insights.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

that is not possible. You can set up a ghost employee. Your staffs only use that ghost employee's pin to order employee meals before or after shift.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Rob
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Takuya I have noticed that many places offer special discounts for employee meals. You have a couple of options to implement this in your business. You could apply a Fixed Discount of 100% and add a reason for the discount. Alternatively, you could create the discount without a reason and track it through the reporting feature in Toast's back end under Cash and Loss Management.

Configuring Discounts

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast

I appreciate your advice. However, I am currently wondering how employees can order meals without clocking in. Could you advise me on what permissions I should grant them?

that is not possible. You can set up a ghost employee. Your staffs only use that ghost employee's pin to order employee meals before or after shift.