Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item Labels

Following up with a post regarding item labels. A post from March 25th 2022 from Carrisa from toast below. This feature will be a game changer for our operation and really hope this is rolling out VERY soon. 

“Hi Toast Community, it's Carrisa here with Toast 🍞

Due to a recent post that a customer shared about item labels, I wanted to share this AWESOME update from the Toast Product that's working on improvements and wanted to give you visibility. Check out the update below:

You asked, we listened!
In the next few months, we’ll be rolling out a few new labels which will help address customer feedback that we’ve heard regarding label size, format, and printing speed. Our new labels are designed smaller to meet the needs of various use cases like drink cups and pizza boxes which have surface area constraints. With needs like those in mind, we’ll be supporting 1.5 x 3 inch, 3 x 1.5 inch, and 2 x 3 inch label sizes.

In addition to smaller sized labels, our new designs are simpler and allow customers to configure the top of their labels to display either guest name or order # prominently for an optimal workflow.

Due to the support of a smaller label, these new designs will not include the option to add a logo, and we anticipate this change will help with any printing lags that are being experienced today.

However, for those customers who wish to continue using our current label solution with a logo, that option will still be supported and available.If you’re as excited about these upcoming changes as we are, please note that when the new labels are rolled out, you’ll be able to use them right away since they’ll be compatible with existing Toast-supported label printers and label paper rolls - no need to update hardware or throw out existing paper supply!

Have questions? Leave them in the comments below.”

11 REPLIES 11

josh212
Community Ambassador

any idea what the change in cost is going to be

karens
Soup III

Will this require a monthly software charge as well as the fee for the Toast label printer? 

YES!

We are needing a Drink label that is smaller than 58mm, please let me know if I can test this out with the Epson L90 asap, I have alot of experience in the manual configuration of these printers and already have 58mm/40mm paper and a lab enviorment ready to go.

Did the option for smaller labels ever happen?  We just went live with Toast last week and for a Pizzeria, the big Epson l90 sticky labels are useless and very expensive.