Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online ordering fee notice posted on our website

Spoiler

Toast_Fee.png
5 REPLIES 5

Click to open it. 

Really lame we have to do this but toast thinks they can just dig into our customers pockets for no real reason and it is outrageous. 

Additionally we have -

• Cancelled several pending subscription services for $100-$200/month 
  • Submitted ourselves for credit card processing rate reduction and will aggressively push for lower rates and matching with other companies 
  • Will no longer add any subscriptions of any type 
  • Refuse to provide feedback through any of Toasts feedback channels 
  • Be more aggressive in refunds/reimbursements for several toast billing mistakes, credit card reader replacements which don't meet warranty dates, etc. 
  • Have scheduled several meetings for POS company changes. I have stayed on top of the alternatives through the years, anyone is welcome to email me should they need direction. 

I recommend all do the same. Toast is costing us money and taking it for themselves since we have to deal with a negative PR hit with the customers (nickel and diming them), have to field more phone calls (people will want to avoid placing orders on-line to avoid the fee), and we will have a fee for online ordering while other competing restaurants do not. I figure it is only right we make back what they will cost us through the avenues above so we  can make it up to the customer in other ways. 

You've been such a vocal supporter of restaurants fighting these Toast extortion fees and we need to band together to come up with options.  Email me for a link to our Thursday Zoom call RestaurantsWorkingTogether@gmail.com 

Not a bad idea. Have you thought about creating an online promo code to discount .99 off every order?

That would work as well, we just have never really done any promos/codes. Probably easier that way honestly since setting up gift cards is kind of a pain.