Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online Ordering - Printing

Hi everyone.

I am new to Toast, and I am working to try and get the online ordering to print as soon as the customer places an order, but this is not happening. Instead, all I get is a little bell looking icon that can go by unnoticed as there is no chime or sound alerting the employees of the order, so I was hoping to get it to print as soon as the order is submitted. Is this possible, or not?

Thank-you,

Ricardo

14 REPLIES 14

Are they still going to pending orders or just not appearing in the kitchen? 

So the only thing that appears in the kitchen as well as the POS up front is the small bell icon in the top left corner with a notification number on it indication the number of notifications. It can then only be opened by a manager, and then pushed and forced print to the kitchen.

Additionally it is allowing a customer (myself for now as a test) to place the order without paying first and only paying whenever I am ready to pay, which I would prefer if it could be paid before the order is submitted by the customer.

Thanks. So on that same page further down what do you have the server selection set to for online orders? And as far as payment if you scroll further down under takeout payment options only select credit card online if you want payment first. 

Thanks for the help.

The server selection is set to Auto. Regarding payment, it is set to Credit Card Online (same day) and Credit Card online (future orders).

Ok, you can use assigned by auto fire device but if it is a device that is used by multiple people it will assign to the last person who used the device, and if that person happens to be someone without appropriate permissions it could cause some issues as well, It is recommended that you use a generic online ordering employee or set a specific employee. Also have you verified the auto fire device is actually set in device setup on whatever device is selected?

Screenshot_20230530-164913~2.png