Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online Ordering - Printing

Hi everyone.

I am new to Toast, and I am working to try and get the online ordering to print as soon as the customer places an order, but this is not happening. Instead, all I get is a little bell looking icon that can go by unnoticed as there is no chime or sound alerting the employees of the order, so I was hoping to get it to print as soon as the order is submitted. Is this possible, or not?

Thank-you,

Ricardo

14 REPLIES 14

That has also been set up correctly since starting the online ordering set up. Could there be a time delay due to the prep time for each food option? Would that cause it to maybe fire a few minutes after the customer submits their order?

Would the quote times be an issue as well? I see that is set to 10 mins, does that mean it will only fire to the kitchen in 10 ins time?

Check the following settings:

Screenshot 2023-05-30 at 20-56-01 Online Ordering.png

Make sure to set "send orders directly into kitchen"

Screenshot 2023-05-30 at 20-57-19 Online Ordering.png

and "Yes, fire throttled ASAP orders to the kitchen. Delays are added to the order’s prep time and then fired."

If you are using delays and order throttling and it is set to not fire throttled orders immediately, but that would only affect printed tickets, should still show on KDS as a hold. Are you using printers or KDS or both in the kitchen? As far as prep time for items that would also be affecting your in house orders if it was so I don't think that is the issue. 

We are using both the KDS and Epson printer in the kitchen. As far as I am aware, we are not using delays or order throttling. Our walk in orders print immediately in the kitchen once an employee punches the order in on the POS.

I have escalated this to the tier 2 at Toast, and they seem to be having difficulty figuring it out.