Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pain-point: No way to resend an e-Gift Card from the Quick Order Screen

Erin
Salad I

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but if an e-Gift needs to be resent same-day, there is no way to resend it via the Quick Order screen;  you instead have to fully go into the Advanced Lookup options and take all 8 steps I've laid out below in order to order to resend an e-Gift.  It's way too many steps for my staff to remember, and there should be a way to make this update directly within the ticket itself. 

EX: This just came up tonight where my employee had sent a customer a comp'd e-Gift card (i.e. there is no true payment method, we just applied a discount in order to 'pay for it'), and my employee had entered a typo in the customer's email address.  Toast promptly sent us an email letting us know the e-Gift card was not sent due to incorrect email address. The problem is, there is no intuitive way for the employee to resend the e-Gift to a corrected email address from the Ticket screen. Instead, these are the steps they would need to take in order to accomplish the simple task of resending an e-Gift to a different email address:

1. With the ticket pulled up, click 3 dots in upper right 
  2. Click "Lookup Check"
  3. Click "Advanced Search" button
  4. Choose today's date + Ticket # -> Search
  5. Click the blue Ticket # text -> Order Details will pop up
  6. Scroll down to "Items" section, and click the "Gift Card" line item (even though it doesn't look clickable)
  7. Scroll down to "eGift Card Info" and click the tiny blue "(edit)" button in order to update the customer's email address
  8. Click "Save" to resend. 

As you can see, this is a LOT of steps, and after over 7 years with Toast, none of my staff ever remembers all of these steps. So that tells us these steps are not intuitive enough, and the workflow has a lot of room for improvement. 

Here is what I'd like to see:
1) Get ahead of the problem - If an e-Gift is sent to an invalid email address from the POS, there should be a pop-up letting the staff know of the problem in real time so they can address it right away. (Our staff does not check our business email account, and currently that is the only way we are made aware when this happens). 

2) Make it easier and more intuitive - For same-day e-Gift fixes, there needs to be a way to resend an e-Gift directly from the Quick-order screen (with the Ticket # pulled up). It would be a great addition to add to the 3 dots in the upper right menu, or even maybe by tapping the e-Gift line item on the ticket itself---Just some way to easily resend the e-Gift from that ticket screen would be amazing. 

Would anyone else find this helpful? 

5 REPLIES 5

That is overly complicated, the best way is to just go to failed e-gift card delivery and update it there. https://www.toasttab.com/restaurants/admin/reports/home#failed-deliveries 

Well, the best way would be able to just be able to do it directly from the POS itself. I don't really want my staff digging around in our back-end, it's too risky that they'll inadvertently change a setting they weren't meant to touch. 

Further, I'm afraid they would even have trouble finding that specific failed delivery report as they are not familiar with the back-end. The link in the Toast notification email goes to the "Guests, Gift Cards, and Loyalty Summary" tab, not the "Failed E-Gift Card Deliveries" Tab.  Plus as I mentioned, our staff is not checking our company email while on shift. 

Yeah I wouldn't put that on them anyway, it's just a gift card, not life and death, it can wait. Not a bad Idea, I just don't see it happening for something that is rarely happens, I think I've had 2 or 3 failed deliveries in the last 7 years. 

Well it happened 29 times for us over the course of 6 months 😂 so perhaps a more urgent need over here.   Granted the majority of errors are typos for e-gifts purchased online by other customers, it' still be nice for our staff to just be able to fix it right within the POS in real time. 

And is it life or death? of course not....but if we are already comping someone because we messed up their order, the last thing we want to do is mess up their 'apology' gift card too.