Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price Substitution Discount

Here's a scenerio that is causing me grief.  MLM enterprise with location-based > Menu-based pricing.  This means my two levels of price structures are already used.  We have a group of 15 items that are priced between $7 and $9.  The ask is to make all of these 15 items charge $6 during a predefined period (think happy hour).

Since I can't add a pricing level (time-specific pricing), I'm forced to use discounts.  Now here's the rub.  I have to create multiple discounts.  One for $3 off (for 6 items); one for $2 off (for 5 items); and one for $1 off (for 4 items).

Having a background with MICROS, this scenerio was accomplished by using a "price substitution" discount type where all items within a specific group (or however configured) would not be discounted a $ or % off, but instead would have a different price specified; $6 in this case.

Said differently: For this period of time on these days, charge $6 for all these items regardless of what their regular price is.

Sure would be helpful for us!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rob
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @davel my team suggested using combo discounts. Combo discounts allow you to set an alt price for items, and the combo can be one item and set to auto-apply within a specific time period; let me know if that helps! 

Get Started with Combo Discounts

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Rob
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @davel, thanks for reaching out for help! I will relay this to my team and see if there are any workaround to improve this experience!

Toast

Rob
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @davel my team suggested using combo discounts. Combo discounts allow you to set an alt price for items, and the combo can be one item and set to auto-apply within a specific time period; let me know if that helps! 

Get Started with Combo Discounts

Toast

This worked like a charm!  Displays a little wonky on the check, but functionally it's exactly what I was looking for.  Thank you!

Great news! Happy to hear that worked for you. Thank you for returning to confirm its success!

Toast