Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Breaking Bug in POS - Scheduling Order & Time Specific Menu

Currently in the POS, if:

- You have a menu available only within certain times of the day
- You are trying to schedule an order for within that time period
- The present time is outside of that menu's availability

You cannot order items from that timed menu.

eg. You have a lunch special menu available every day from 12pm-3pm. It's Tuesday at 5pm and someone calls to schedule an order at tomorrow, Wednesday @ 1pm. 

The menu will not show up in the POS. 

I contacted customer service and they told me to "set the menu availability to include your current time, make the order, then set it back", which should not be the first thing suggested. Or it should include "until we fix this ASAP".

Please address this asap.  Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

au79teahouse
Community Ambassador

In my opinion, there is no way to change how menu time availability behave to get the result you want. The possible workaround I can think of right now is to set up a discount that only works and is automatically applied to eligible items during your lunch hours. So your staff can still ring in lunch special items when it's not in the hours and items will get discounted when customers pay at counter.

That's a good work around. Certainly not ideal. And not a "solution" but definitely a good work around. Only other issue is that our Lunch Items are named different so the kitchen knows to prepare them "lunch style". But still good. Could have a modifier that has a label and affects the pricing as well. (still not a solution).

@corey_akc Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I have taken note of it and forwarded it to my team!

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast

josh212
Community Ambassador

You have two options. I reccomend doing it through customer invoicing which will solve your problem or you can do it in next day mode. And if there is enough interest or demand I am sure it will be in a future build. That being said there needs to be enough of a need or a new update in place that concerns time-specific menu's and future order availibility to plan and have an engineer write, test, and implement the update. Considering most time-specific menu offerings are to entice customers to come in at slower times I don't forsee and most ordering platforms don't support time specific menus it may not be a top priority. I reccomend utilizing price levels on your menus to avoid the issue all together