Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take Out Dining option for single item doesn't work

When our servers want to add a take-out plate to a dine-in ticket they select the "Take Out" dining option for that single item before sending it to the kitchen.

But the system treats the item as dine in and simply adds the text [Take Out] to the item and routes it to the dine-in expo.  The item does not appear on our Take Out expo where it belongs.  The expo KDS are filtered to show Dine in on one and Take out on the other.

Why doesn't the system convert the single item to take out when it works for whole tickets that are configured for Take Out.

7 REPLIES 7

Ok, have you tried removing the filter? I don't think the reroute changes anything regarding the dining option, just sends it somewhere else. 

josh212
Community Ambassador

Ok so  this you would have to add an ovveride

josh212_0-1685138489646.png

josh212
Community Ambassador

So in order to achieve the results I’m thinking want. (Most of the time when one item is to go the sever usually brings it to the table not though a different delivery channel . 

As for to go orders, they have many more required objects (phone, address , billing etc, delivery must be dispatched. So therefore you can make a delivery order a dine in order but you cannot  have a dine in be a delivery.

What I recommend is a separate ticket and combine the orders once fulfilled