Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toast Features

I am starting this thread in hopes that we can get more feedback and more traction for features we would like to see put into play, since the Ideas Hub was shut down. I know finding the features and what we would like to see made available will be hard but I have hopes that this time we will be able to see them come to fruition. That being said, I will be adding many comments to this thread with other "Ideas" in the hopes that many others will add theirs as well and like Rob said in a previous question about that Ideas Hub, to give each other "kudos" for what we want. Here is one to start and more will follow in the days to come. I will be adding them to this thread and not starting another one for each feature so as to keep things all in one place. The way I understand it, we can give kudos to comments added to the main subject. Lets get this ball rolling. This was a feature I was following previously, so I have copied and pasted the comment about it, I will also be adding in others that I had suggested and others that I was following. 

Feature:

Separate Item Availability:

We would like to use this for specialty menu items only available during certain days of the week, or for rotating options like Monday soup, Tuesday soup and for Holiday specials so we can program them ahead of time and they would go live on the holiday.  For example I could program my New Years Eve special today 12/28/22 with availability for Saturdays from 4pm-11:59pm and it would be live in the POS on 12/31 without me having to program a separate menu or add the item that day and take it out the next day. 

3 REPLIES 3

Feature:

Group by plate and modifier for kitchen but not for expeditor

I have tried to use the group by plate feature but it causes issues with the waitresses. So for the kitchen to shorten down the size of the tickets, the group by plate, but also group by modifier, would greatly shorten how long some of our tickets are that come into the kitchen. Grouping them with a quantity of said items but also if they ordered the same modifiers those would be grouped as well.

Feature:

Master Quantities for items in multiple menu groups or modifiers

Currently, I have found a semi work around for the main menu items. However, I would like to be able to link a menu item to a modifier so that is one goes out of stock, the other does as well. That way I am not having to go to multiple menus to mark things as out of stock, it can be "one and done." But also making it so that it can be auto enable for the next day, much like the snooze feature for takeout and deliveries, Off for (X) amount of minutes, if we just need more time to cook it, off until tomorrow, or out of stock. 

Rob
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Tracerland11, currently, "Kudos" is a means of measuring community interest in a particular idea that we can present to the appropriate teams during our discussions, while cannot ensure that these ideas will be put into practice, we will forward them to the appropriate channels. This forum is also an excellent place to talk about potential workarounds to achieve a comparable desired outcome!

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast