Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toast GO 2 Receipt Print

SSM
Soup III

We have 6 handhelds and servers all over the place when paying out tickets tableside.  Our customers are old school and almost always want paper receipts for their credit card payments. We do not pay cash from the handhelds.   We have a central area and we have the handhelds programmed to print the guest check to that certain printer to print the check needed for the table.  However, we need the credit card payment receipts to print to the front desk.  How is everyone else doing this? My servers spend ALOT of time running back and forth to the printer.

9 REPLIES 9

You can only have one receipt printer, is there a particular reason you need credit card receipts printed somewhere else? 

adamj
Community Ambassador

To my knowledge, the only way to change the printing location would be to manually adjust it in the device settings each time. However, I'd be interested to learn more about the type of operation you're looking to set up for your team.

As Rob mentioned, I'm also curious to understand the purpose of having multiple locations for printing different paper needs, unless the front desk serves as your cashier. If you could share more information about your specific use case, we may be able to offer additional suggestions or workarounds to streamline your operations.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can do to assist you.

I’m sure a drawing would be easier to explain but I’ll try -  Servers print their guest checks in the server area and head out to a table of 6-20.  While at the table - a large number of customers ask for their card payment receipt - and they want it printed - (likely due to fraud being on the rise).  We serve many who want nothing at all to do with a digital receipt.  Our servers are constantly running to the back server area to get the printed credit card payment receipts.  Our  front desk is the cashier station.  Servers do not payout the cash tickets - the host/cashier does .   Everyone must pass by the host/cashier area when leaving - which is where I’d like the credit card payment receipts to print.  

If I understand correctly, you want the credit card receipts to be printed at the host stand when using a handheld device, is that right? Unfortunately, each handheld device can only have one print location at a time. To change this, go to the device settings and select the receipt printer. My suggestion would be to set it to the host cashier station. However, please keep in mind that anything printed from a handheld device set up this way will also print out at the host station. If I'm not fully grasping your question, please let me know and I'll do my best to assist you further.