Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UberEats (UE) third party special instructions don't show in Toast

Is anyone else struggling with the Toast third party integrations?  We have it for GrubHub, DoorDash and UberEats.  DD and GH work fine, but UE is a mess because the guest enters special instructions but they don't feed into Toast.  So we end up sending out orders that don't include the special instruction and guests get mad at us, leave us bad reviews, call us, ask for refunds, etc.  UUGH.  Anyone have any tips?

5 REPLIES 5

au79teahouse
Community Ambassador

You can actually turn off the "special item instructions" on the back-end of UE (Not Toast) if it has caused you troubles. I have turned it off ever since I first started to use 3PD integration. So I have not noticed special instructions don't get fed to toast.

Thanks for the tip, unfortunately it did not work for us.  When we turned off special instructions, people just ordered on UE anyway and then called us with the special instructions (usually after we'd already built the sandwiches, so we had to throw out food.)  Plus the calling during rush hour with special instructions was problematic.  Toast says the only option is to offer a TON of modifiers with each specific item the guest can leave off, but to be honest, we don't want to suggest people change food that we think is pretty great.  We only want to accommodate a change if requested.  It's very frustrating.

So I just tested it out. Special instructions (Enable special item instructions) added on UE will be pushed to Toast with integration. I am not sure about if Enable Order Instructions works. So I am guessing you could turn of order instructions and leave special item instructions on so your guests can add special request to their order.

Wow, I've literally been round and round with Toast since April of last year and you are the first person to suggest this to me.  I will most certainly try that immediately and see if it works.  Either way, thank you so much for the creative suggestion.  Super helpful (and thoughtful) of you !     Do I have to call UE to get special item instructions enabled?  I don't see that as an option on the back end.