cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to set different visibilities for modifiers between Online Ordering and Toast Order and Pay

Hi there,

We use Toast Order and Pay (QR Codes) heavily in our restaurant, and have create a modifier for items that customers want to order "To go". When setting up our Online Ordering, we would like to disable the visibility of this modifier for customers who are ordering online. 

This seems possible via the Advanced menu edit, but it doesn't actually hide the modifier in the online menu item. When we look at the new Menu editing experience, you are actually unable to set different visbility between Online Ordering and Toast Order and Pay. 

Any ideas?

NB We already heave created different menus and menu groups for Online Ordering, but the modifers are attached to the menu "item" so if we delete the modifier it removes across all menus. And we would rather than create new menu items (different menu IDs) as it will create challenges for reporting.

Thanks!

bottletheory_0-1707087084146.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

So the to-go modifier group is assigned to every individual menu item? Since you have different menus for online ordering if that modifier group was added at the menu group level you would be able to just remove it from the online ordering menus and not affect the others. It wouldn't be an easy task but I think that is the best solution, I can't remember if online ordering and order and pay visibility has always been linked or if that is new. 

View solution in original post

Example of this, the item level numbers are lower, group level left blank. Now that I think of it you may need to assign numbers to your item level mods. 

1000006235.png

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

So the to-go modifier group is assigned to every individual menu item? Since you have different menus for online ordering if that modifier group was added at the menu group level you would be able to just remove it from the online ordering menus and not affect the others. It wouldn't be an easy task but I think that is the best solution, I can't remember if online ordering and order and pay visibility has always been linked or if that is new. 

This sounds like a great idea., will require us to make changes, but probably worth the effort.

@rcmck someone mentioned to me that the user experience for modifiers attached at menu-level vs. item-level is different: specifically that the menu-level modifier always shows up first, which is the not the experience we are looking for i.e. the first modifier a a dine-in guest sees is "To-go".

By default I think that is true, just use modifier display priority settings, I use this heavily and have them assigned to the modifier groups on the individual item and just leave it blank on the menu level groups which makes them last if blank. In your case it would probably just be easier to assign a really high number like 10 to the togo mod group just to ensure it's always last.