Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly Cash Drawer Count?

Hi! I own a small cafe with only two staff members and would like to simplify out cash handling process so that we would only need to count cash drawers weekly. I would give each employee their own cash drawer that they are responsible for and can lock up at the end of their shift. I would like for them to count and drop large bills at the end of their shift, record the drop into toast and keep the remaining small bills and coins. Is there a way to set up POS keep a running tally of what should be in the drawer so that we could reconcile drawers weekly instead of daily?

1 REPLY 1

Rob
Community Manager
Community Manager

Shift reviews and close-out processes are not mandatory in Toast. However, in order for the system to know what to report for the week, employees would still need to conduct some sort of shift review each night and maybe a starting balance for the cash drawer at the start of their shift. Then, you could use the cash drawer overview report to review the cash at the end of each week. A "cash in Hand" system might work better for you.
Screenshot 2024-03-20 at 9.09.30 PM.png
Toast does not have a built-in tally system, so you would need to set that up using a third-party tool like Excel.

Here are some articles to help set this up:

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast