Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

400 Bad Request Error message?

Erin
Salad I

I have been getting this error message constantly on Google Chrome the past several weeks:

400 bad request.png

It has happened mostly on the toast back-end, but happened just now on our "check gift card balance" site as well.  Support suggested the usual fixes clearing cookies, history, browsing data, cache, etc.  and I have done all of that several times, but I still continue to get the error.  I do not recall if it has happened on other browsers or mobile, but will pay attention this week. 

Is anyone else experiencing this lately? What else should I try (short of uninstalling and reinstalling Google Chrome, which I am trying to avoid)?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

To do it in chrome but only a specific site, click on the icon to the left of the URL, choose site data and clear data for just that site.

View solution in original post

As I mentioned, I had already cleared my full cookies, history, browsing data, cache several times on Chrome, and it did not help at all.

But interestingly, I tried the method you mentioned above on Mon (clearing just for the Toast site using the icon shown below), and I haven't had any 400 error issues since. Will report back if that changes, but hopefully this is solved for good! Appreciate your tip, thank you!

Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 3.14.39 PM.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Usually just a browser cache or cookie issues, try clearing your cookies and cache first. 

To do it in chrome but only a specific site, click on the icon to the left of the URL, choose site data and clear data for just that site.

As I mentioned, I had already cleared my full cookies, history, browsing data, cache several times on Chrome, and it did not help at all.

But interestingly, I tried the method you mentioned above on Mon (clearing just for the Toast site using the icon shown below), and I haven't had any 400 error issues since. Will report back if that changes, but hopefully this is solved for good! Appreciate your tip, thank you!

Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 3.14.39 PM.png