cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let’s Talk Benchmarking: Ask Me Anything!

gmgoehring
Toaster

Hello, Toast Community 👋

I’m Garrett from the Product Marketing team, and I’m excited to invite you to my Benchmarking Ask Me Anything (AMA) happening from October 15-21 right here in the community.

If you’re not yet familiar with Toast Benchmarking, check out this Toast Central article or watch the video below:

What are your burning questions or thoughts about Benchmarking? I’d love to hear from you! Please share your feedback and questions in the comments below, so my team and I can better assist you.

Want to get the most out of benchmarking and get help identifying opportunities to optimize your menu and more? Schedule a 1:1 consultation with a Benchmarking expert to review your data.

Remember, the AMA closes on October 17, so be sure to submit your questions. I’ll be back shortly afterward to respond!

Looking forward to our conversation,

Garrett

Please note, This information is intended for INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY, and not as a binding commitment. Please do not rely on this information in making your purchasing decisions. The development, release and timing of any products, features or functionality remain at the sole discretion of Toast, and are subject to change. Also, as a product expert for Toast Benchmarking,  I can only answer questions related to Toast Benchmarking. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Where is the benchamarking data being pulled from? Same Zip Code? City? State? Any basis on Restaurant Size? This matters when commparing volume of Sales, or Items..

View solution in original post

It would be nice to see percentage fluctuations in both sales and product mix. Restaurants in the same category don't necessarily do the same volume and showing the average of the category in dollars doesn't give much insight into foot traffic. This would be especially helpful for food and alcohol sales as it would give us an idea of a product mix benchmark. 

For example, we are seeing a drop in alcohol sales and an increase in NA beverage sales. It would be cool to see if that is a trend others are seeing in the area, as well as how much of a % change they are seeing. 

Perhaps this is part of the upgrade package, I haven't purchased it as I don't see the benefit yet. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hey - so I'm trying to evaluate how to adjust winter drink menu prices. When I go into comparisons it's showing me how much lower I am on Seltzers. We dont have any seltzers! Why is this happening and why cant I see which items / menus it is referencing? 

Where is the benchamarking data being pulled from? Same Zip Code? City? State? Any basis on Restaurant Size? This matters when commparing volume of Sales, or Items..

It would be nice to see percentage fluctuations in both sales and product mix. Restaurants in the same category don't necessarily do the same volume and showing the average of the category in dollars doesn't give much insight into foot traffic. This would be especially helpful for food and alcohol sales as it would give us an idea of a product mix benchmark. 

For example, we are seeing a drop in alcohol sales and an increase in NA beverage sales. It would be cool to see if that is a trend others are seeing in the area, as well as how much of a % change they are seeing. 

Perhaps this is part of the upgrade package, I haven't purchased it as I don't see the benefit yet.