Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order Processing Fee

Tony
Soup II

The new "Order Processing Fee" is a bogus, unethical and a very bad business practice on the part of Toast. How can you punish a customer for ordering from us?? And you are doing it in our name!

We pay a monthly fee for the technology to Toast and a CC fee. If they can't make their business work with what they charge us, their customers, then maybe new leadership is what they need. 

This fee needs to be removed immediately before it  does irreparable harm to our busineses. 

We never signed up for this. Toast is punishing, penalizing and taxing our customer for ordering through us and they are doing it in our name. Then, they are taking the money. We are the ones looking bad to the customer not Toast. This madness needs to stop today!! 

We are a fast casual restaurant with small ticket items. I have 4 locations with Toast and noticed these charges on the 5th of July. I'm already looking at alternatives. We don't need to use Toast if using them is detrimental to our business. And charging our customers a penalty is not ethical nor easily accepted by the customer. Let's all join together to find a solution to this. 

@Toast this was possibly the biggest mistake and worst business decision you have made

8 REPLIES 8

I called Toast. They said that the whole online ordering experience has now been enhanced. Also, merchants are more protected over chargebacks. So, Toast decided that the monthly charge and percentage of all credit card sales was not enough. Now, without our permission, they’ve decided to leech off of our customers. The .99 cent fee goes straight to Toast. 

Email RestaurantsWorkingTogether@gmail.com to get login details to participate in a gathering of restaurants on Zoom.  We will meet at 4pm ET Thursday to discuss alternatives.

Totally Agree. This is absurd, looking for options

@Mo @Giacomo @Tony @R_Dibbs_Mtuccis   Join the restaurant Zoom call Thursday to discuss alternatives.  Email RestaurantsWorkingTogether@gmail.com for the login details.