Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shift Review - Open Tables

Our restaurant is new to Toast, we had Square before this. One of the issues I'm running into is the shift review when a server has an open check and they need to leave early but still get credit for the tip. Apparently, they need to wait and close the check or transfer the table to someone else. In the past another server would be able to close out the table on their behalf and they'd keep their tip unless the guest just arrived and then the table would be transferred to another server.The way that we are doing it now as a work around is by having the server not run the shift review and someone enters their tip for that last table. The issue with this approach though is that it doesn't capture all the tips when I do payroll and try to export all the data from Toast. So, then I manually add up all the remaining tips that don't transfer over. Is there a way to avoid any of these issues by making any adjustments in the back end?

3 REPLIES 3

Rob
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Flourdustpizza I reached out to my team, and they had the following to say!

A manager can complete shift reviews on behalf of the said employee and adjust the clock-out time. If an employee transfers a check to another user to complete a shift review, tips will go with the check to the other user and must be manually allocated.
A manager completing a shift review for an employee is a common occurrence. Think of that server or bartender who needs to leave urgently due to an emergency. The manager can complete and finish the shift for them.

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast

Thank you for your time Rob! 

I'll give that a try and hopefully that fixes that problem. 

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out! 

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast