Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Order & Pay From POS

It would be great if we could send an Order & Pay portal to a guest by either printing a QR code for them much like the one that comes on the reciept or text them a link by entering their phone number.  This seems simple and would be awesome.  

Staff takes an order at the counter, enters their phone number and swipes their card so they have a pre-authorized card.  Then they get a link to add to the tab via a text so they can continue to add items at their own leizure. 

7 REPLIES 7

Please read my response to RCMCK before adding to the conversation.  

Sdaniel
Community Ambassador

Hi!

When I met with the OPT team back when our restaurant was starting to implement Order&Pay, we were given instructions of how to print a QR code straight from the POS. I believe you need to request permission. In case it is helpful to you, I'll attach the instructions I was given.  It may not hit everything you are looking for, but it may be a starting point. We use OPT for full service though, we placed the QR codes on each table. It's a great idea to have a text link version though. 

Screenshot 2024-02-19 084925.pngScreenshot 2024-02-19 084938.png

Sayra Daniel, Community Ambassador
Egg Harbor Cafe
Mililani, Hawaii

Hey this is a great start!  I am reaching out to Toast to help with this feature.  

Thank you for the endorsement of the texting feature.  I think it would help as a lot of people aren't good with QR codes.