Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create guest list

We are a non-profit Elks Lodge. Most of our guests are members. We are new to Toast -- haven't gone live yet.  I would like to build/create a guest list/member list/customer list. I want to add the guest name when when take the order. Instead of typing the guest name each time, I want to chose it from a drop down menu or something that is attached to the guest list.

Example: When taking an order, I would like the server to choose Table 1 / Darlene McLain.

I would appreciate any input on how to set it up.  

Thank you,

Darlene

3 REPLIES 3

Right off the tops of my head, you will need "Toast Loyalty" module to build a guest database.

You would need the loyalty module to grab customer emails and phone numbers. 
You might need to create a Menu group called "Guests" and add each person as an item to get this kind of selection workflow, but then people's names would show up on the receipt, so I'm not sure if that's a problem. Your onboarding agent may be able to help set this up, but if not, send me a Dm, and I could make a quick version of it when you're live for you to test. I have attached some information below that may help create these menu groups and about loyalty.

Menus, Menu Groups and Subgroups

If the customer has a loyalty account, their information would be saved, and every time they pay with the card attached to the loyalty automatically add their account to the order, which may be helpful. 

Toast Loyalty- How it Works

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast

josh212
Community Ambassador

Honestly the best workaround would be using loyalty and either typing their name in and it will link to their account. You can also print the qr code for each guest and scan the code when opening a tab. I believe if you enable tables you can have guest info pre-stored as well