cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New ToastOO, can development please fix this low-hanging bug?

Erin
Salad I

Hi!

Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this besides us?  On our new ToastOO menu, if you scroll over to our "Sides" menu and click on it, it directs customers to the middle of our "Beverage" section:

https://order.toasttab.com/online/bossladypizza

Screenshot 2023-06-22 at 8.35.59 AM.png

Clicking "Sides" takes you here (not a Side in sight):

Screenshot 2023-06-22 at 8.37.05 AM.png

Seems like a low-hanging easy fix (esp if the customer is paying an extra $0.99, I'd want their experience to be better than current state). Is anyone else experiencing this? 

~Erin

3 REPLIES 3

Rob
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Erin Thank you for taking the time to explain this UI issue. This may also be a screen size issue; when I clicked the link, I was taken to the sides page while on a computer and from a phone. Still, I have passed on your feedback to my team for review! 

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast

Interesting. I see what you mean.... I have to make my Chrome browser  the size of my entire 27" Mac screen in order for the "Sides" click to hit the right spot. Appreciate you passing that along!

I noticed a different issue, for me at least, I can not scroll the menu at all past a certain point on desktop with chrome (v114.0.5735.134 windows 10 or 11 @1920x1080 resolution) seems to be related to scroll snapping, or a width issue somewhere. If I change scroll-snap-align property to 'center' instead of 'start' on the menuItem class it fixes it for me, if that is helpful to anyone. They use a lot of top level menus, one for almost everything, maybe that situation was not tested. If I set display resolution to something very high like 3200 x 1800 then I can scroll all the way to the right without making that change to the scroll-snap. 

scrollsnap.png