Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online ordering fees.

I read this on a social media page today. Is this correct.  Did it get implemented yesterday. I am locked in a contract. When they make material changs like this, how does it affect my contract?

Toast is adding a 99-cent fee to all online orders over $10. The fee started nationally on July 10. It is an “order processing fee”. You cannot opt out of this fee. It will show up as "taxes and fees" on the customer's printout. On a $10 order, that is an additional 9.9% cost to the customer. Expect complaints from your customer base if you are using Toast.

8 REPLIES 8

Rob
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @SouthFork, We did launch our new Digital Ordering Suite with enhanced features along with a nominal guest-facing fee of $.99 for orders over $10.

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast

and you thought this was a good idea because??   I don't have any use of your new Digital Ordering Suite......it's all smoke and mirrors as far as I'm concerned it's just a back door tax in addition to the monthly subscription fee and exorbitant credit card and delivery fees. What's next in your tool kit to drain any hopes of my single unit restaurant making a profit!  Why don't you fix your Toast  software- it is unstable and every time there is an outage, we encounter more problems.  

and your phone support ( or your level 2 experts......)can't help at all......you should have better training process. 

I missed the zoom call. 

Obviously the ordering fee is flat out wrong. Any suggestions on a 3rd party integration as a short term solution before switching pos systems?

I looked into ChowNow. ($199/month discounted if paid upfront). It's a solid option...

Pros: includes e-marketing, branded app, links to Order Better Network.

Cons: higher credit card processing fees (2.95% +$.30 with toast integration), no pay-in-store option for online orders. 

Looking for a solution asap and would appreciate any suggestions.

Good Luck!