Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UX Suggestion: ToastOO Delivery "enter delivery address" should be in red font

Erin
Salad I

We had a customer last night think that she was not able to place a Delivery order because the "Start Order" button was greyed out.

After looking, I understand why she thought she was not able to place an order... it's not entirely clear that the customer needs to enter their address before being able to browse the menu. I think this can easily be fixed by changing the "Enter your delivery address" font to red, so the customer is alerted that the ToastOO workflow requires a delivery address before proceeding to the 'browse menu' and 'place order' steps. 

Screenshot 2022-12-12 at 8.11.08 AM.png

This should be a very easy update for development, and I hope Toast will consider this suggestion asap so restaurants don't miss out on customers who are not familiar with the ToastOO ordering platform, or who are ordering for the first time!

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Erin! 

This is a call our restaurants get often! Would love to see this change!

I don't think it should be red, but just change the verbage to something like Enter you address to start your order. Or have start order clickable but prompt for address when they click it if it's not entered. 

Yes, I like the idea of a pop-up where they can click the Order button, but it shows a pop-up that says "You must enter an address before you can start your order" or whatever is most clear.  But this requires more work development-wise, whereas changing the font color is very easy to do (for a quick fix so we don't all lose out on sales in the meantime).  

Forget about a customer, I did this trying to put an order in myself! At my own business. Though site was down or something was wrong. Needs to be much clearer.