Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

August 2024 Product Updates- US

Hey Toast Community!

In this post, you can find updates on the following:

Do you have questions or feedback from the Product team? We'd love to hear from you in the comments below! 👇

Hardware - Drive-thru display mode

Help improve order accuracy and boost speed of service with Toast's new drive-thru order confirmation display. Seamlessly integrated with Delphi's outdoor digital menu boards or standalone confirmation screens, this feature lets your drive-thru customers see their order in real time as it's placed. 

Learn more >

Return to top

Online Ordering - Guest-facing menu item tags

You can now display menu item tags on the Online Ordering Pro menu to guests. You can create your own tags or apply any example tags to menu items, including: "Vegan", "Gluten Free", "Staff Pick", and "Limited Time Offering". Guests can also use the menu search feature to filter the menu to items tagged.

Return to top

Payments - Dip/tap for bar tabs

By October 15, cards with smart chips (i.e. EMV) can be dipped or tapped for running bar tabs instead of swiping magnetic strips for a faster, more secure experience. Instead of tapping, advise your staff to dip when to save time by auto-populating the tab with the cardholder's name.

Have card pre-authorization? Ensure dip/tap is turned on with these steps.

Don’t have pre-authorization? Select ‘Enable credit card pre-authorization' in the Payment Options menu.

Pro tip: Advise your staff to dip EMV cards when initiating a running tab. Dipping saves time by auto-populating the tab with the cardholder's name, while tapping requires manual tab name entry due to card brand security protocols.

Dip/tap tabs are not yet available for guest-facing display (Toast Flex for Guest) or dual readers.

Return to top

Payroll - Tax center is now available

The Payroll Tax Center is designed to help avoid rejected filings, making it easy to keep track of missing information like Tax IDs and SSNs in one central hub.

Return to top

4 REPLIES 4

I spent over an hour with Customer Care yesterday, but unfortunately, no one was able to resolve my issue: while the dip works fine, the tap feature isn't saving people's names in the tab. I was promised a callback today, but I’m still waiting. My main concern with this update is that simply placing a notification on the screen isn’t sufficient. We need an email notification to inform our staff promptly of significant updates like this. Once again, Toast hasn’t met expectations.

From the OP

Pro tip: Advise your staff to dip EMV cards when initiating a running tab. Dipping saves time by auto-populating the tab with the cardholder's name, while tapping requires manual tab name entry due to card brand security protocols.

I just happened on this today while looking for something completely unrelated. This is unacceptable that we did not receive an alert to upper management on this major of a change.

Hey everyone, we send out release notes updates whenever these are done. Please check your email lists and notifications! 

Create Email Lists and Configure Employee Notifications
Release notes -

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast