cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6 wings get 2 dressings included, 12 wings get 4 dressings included, etc. How to Set this up?

Hey folks.

So, We have an item "chicken wings" with variables prices defined by size:  6 wings are $6 and include two sides of dressing, 12 wings are $12 and include 4 sides of dressing, etc.

I've set the price by size successfully, but struggling to figure out how to set up each quantity of wings with their respective allotted dressings. 

I would like the 6 wings to include 2 dressings for free and 12 wings to include 4 dressings for free (with the option for extra dressing with an additional charge). How do I set this up?

I'm struggling with nested mods so please be very specific with step by step instructions. 

Thanks so much in advance!

4 REPLIES 4

It might be more convenient to have the one wing item with size pricing but to get the dressings like you want you are going to need two separate menu items, 6 wings, and 12 wings. On the 6pc wing have a modifier group for dressings, use sequence pricing for the dressing modifiers, set the 1st and 2nd option price as 0.00 and whatever the price is for all additional. Do the same for the 12pc but set 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th options to 0.00. 

au79teahouse
Community Ambassador

You can also have two separate items for 6 pieces and 12 pieces. In this way, you don't have to worry about size pricing. And the item setup will be the followings:

Item: Chicken Wing (6 Pcs)

Modifier Group: Dressing  <- Set this

"Servers must make a selection for this group ",
"More than one modifier can be chosen ",
Min # selections -> 0, 
Max # selections-> 2,
and By default, the same modifier can be added more than once in this group (Overrideable on the modifier). 

Under the modifier group "Dressing", create items for all the dressing you offer.

Create a different modifier group "dressing$" for extra dressing with cost

*If you are using kiosk or planning to turn on Toast Takeout App for your business, I would recommend to avoid using nested mod because nested modifier options won't be displayed correctly on kiosk and Toast takeout app.

josh212
Community Ambassador

OK  so the best way to do this is using size and sequence pricing.

For your menu item have whichever sizes you off ex 6pc 12pc etc. 

Now on the Modifier group level you can add Sequence pricing based on size so 6pc you set 1 choice 0 

2 choices -0 

Additional choices .75(random number)

12pc 

1 - 0

2 - 0

3-0

4 -0

Additional .75

Now it is imperitave for size and sequence pricing to work correctly that you sizes are exactly the same on the menu item and modifier levels. All characters have to be the same so 12 pc and 12piece wont work .

Here is a complex example that i use

josh212_0-1685469734814.png

josh212_1-1685469754060.png

MENU SIZE

josh212_2-1685469769450.png

Rob
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @poppypizzeria , if any of these solutions have resolved your issue, would you consider marking it as the best answer for the benefit of future inquiries? Thank you!

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast