cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you make the HOLD items on the KDS show for specific items and not all?

I'd like to option to only show HOLD items on the KDS for specific dishes instead of all HOLD items.

4 REPLIES 4

Rob
Community Manager
Community Manager

This is not possible at this time, but we are updating our send/stay/hold feature in the near future. If you explain a bit more of your process on why you need this functionality myself or other restauranteurs may be able to offer some workarounds or assistance! 

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast

Rob, for us it would be helpful because lets say someone has ordered drinks, apps and pizzas.  The pizzas were put on hold, then before the pizza is needed to be made, the customer wants to order more drinks.  Unless there are other options, we need to delete the pizza from the order or fire the pizza with the new drinks being entered.  

@Diversion_Pizza You can fire by course which wouldnt send the pizzas if they were entrees. As long as you set send courses individually to kitchen

You could do fire by course, however, the KDS would separate each order by course rather than by ticket I believe and that may be confusing if you are not used to coursing, more information about it can be found below:

Course Firing Options

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast