Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cash discount on checks

Hi, 

In NYS credit card surcharge is illegal. So I’m going to try cash discount. I plan to have 2 prices on my menu cash and credit. Eg: Burger cash $15 credit  $15.52.

In Toast I set all my prices to credit card price and set up a discount button of 3.5% cash. So if customer pays cash the server hits that button and pays lower amount.

my question is on the check the server drops to table, how do I display both credit card total AND either cash total or cash discount amount ?

thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

Only thing I think you could do is just use receipt setup to add something in the footer that they save 3.5% with cash, or you could auto-apply the cash discount and print the initial receipt which would show the pre-discount total and the discounted total. This could be a problem though with people forgetting to remove it, or customer confusion. 

Rob
Community Manager
Community Manager

I think the footer example would be the best idea here, at the bottom of the signature line, you could also put it in the header too if you really wanted.

Credit Card Surcharging Rules & Requirements

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast

Yes I could write a line there that says “price shown for card payment. 3.5% discount cash payment.”  I wish Toast could offer two prices either save $x amount by paying cash or prefer both totals. Other POS systems seem to have this feature.

It's called dual pricing and is perfectly legal here in the Great State of Florida. I am currently just getting setup with Toast and I was told by my sales rep that dual pricing can be setup in Toast.  It better be an option because the other POS system that I was looking at is a big proponent of dual pricing and offers two customer options at checkout; price and cash discount price, which is true dual pricing capability.  If not, then I was misinformed.